The recital 10/8
We had scheduled to help clean the Church this morning, and planned to go get Tom’s Prague watercolor painting framed after that. But last night our darling little 6-year-old neighbor came over to give us a hand-written and colored in crayon invitation and a “ticket” for their recital this morning at 9am. The ticket was on a piece of paper that had been torn off. So cute! We definitely could not miss this! There are 2 kids, maybe 6 and 8 or so. The girl was going to play the piano, and the boy was going to sing – The Muffin Man. They had also invited our neighbors who are about our age. I think the 4 of us are like grandparents for the kids. Their whole family is so cute. We love them.
But
first we needed to clean the church. We went early in case we could start a
little earlier than 8am, but the leaders didn’t show up until 10 minutes late.
We warned them that we had to leave by 8:30 but that we would help get it as
good as we could in 20 minutes.
So
we cleaned the chapel, vacuumed halls, and emptied the more major garbage then
ran home.
Tom
had picked some grapes before we left for the church, so we took them and our “ticket”
across the street to the recital.
We
sat and talked with Sarah, the mommy for quite a while and could hear some
crying in the far away background. Clearly someone was having nerves. But the
little girl came out and played the Muffin Man on the piano and we applauded,
then we were invited to the dining room to have some pumpkin muffins.
Eventually
the little boy came out to eat with us. He ate so much it was obvious he was
way to hungry for the nerves of performance. His mood improved improved greatly
and by the time we had eaten and talked for a long time, he was ready to
perform.
So
we went back to the living room. The little girl played again, and little Jack
sang, with hand motions. It was precious. They were both dressed up in little “baker”
costumes and looked so cute. I really wish I had taken a picture!
The
rest of the day we did Saturday stuff. I remembered in the afternoon that I needed
to have chocolate bars to take as gifts for the ward we will be visiting as stake
leaders tomorrow, so I got Tom to go with me. We got that and a couple of other
things at Target then went to Best Buy. Since I’m doing Clean Queen again, I
wanted to get a desktop computer big enough that I can see a split screen big
enough that everything isn’t quished.
I
did find a computer I thought would work great, but then a guy came and
understood what I was looking for and showed me a better one, which I bought.
When
we got home, I got it set up. It set up so fast and easily that it was really
fun.
Later
Tanya and Todd came over to watch the BYU football game. It was a pretty
exiting game, so everyone was happy even tho BYU lost. And it was fun to have
T&T here! So much has happened since the last time we saw them; I wish we
had been able to talk more, but the game was too exciting to talk through.
It
was a really nice day. The highlight was definitely the little “recital” across
the street!

Comments