9/11 – A bad memory day.

 


Nobody who was alive in 2001 can say this date without having very bad memories of what happened 25 years ago. Tom was up early to go to work and was dressing and having breakfast and I was still asleep. He turned on the tv to watch the news while he ate, and heard, “The United States is under attack!” All airlines have been grounded; there are no flights coming in or going out of any airport in the United States.” And they showed the twin towers on fire. He woke me up and dragged me out to see what was happening, then left for work. I watched the news the rest of the day and for the next couple of days. What had happened was inconceivable.

We decided not to go to the gym this morning because I was going to Yoga at 8:30 and since Tom didn’t have to work today, he was going to play pickleball at 8:30.

I don’t know why, but my computer wouldn’t turn on. It took a long time, trying lots of things before I found something that made it come on. Then my keyboard wouldn’t work. All I can say is, it’s a good thing for Google.

There were only 2 of us there for Ginger’s yoga in the little park. It was 71 degrees when we got there and 83 when we left. The sun felt so hot – that part of it was quite miserable. But the yoga felt good. It’s such a hard workout but feels so good! I learned from Ginger that what I need to focus on in exercise is strength training more than aerobics.

Tom was at pickleball when I got home. He texted me later that after pickleball, he went to a store to get something for Tanya’s rental. From there he planned to go drop off the tires from our neighbor’s backyard at a recycling place, but the truck wouldn’t start. At all.

He called a tow truck and had them take it to our mechanic in S Fresno. He let me know when to leave to meet him there.

He was quite frustrated that he couldn’t finish his errands for the day. After dropping off the tires, he planned to work at Tanya’s rental for several hours. Oh well. Some plans just have to be delayed a little.


His poor truck full of tires, on the tow truck.

The rest of the day was at home. At 6pm there was a memorial in Fresno for 9-11 that sounded like it was going to be really good, but it was still in the high 90’s then, so I voted not to go.

I can tell already that I’m going to be sore from Yoga!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12