Tuesday 9/22

 


When Tom went to work, I got on my computer and got caught up on some things. I was watching a podcast called Joy, salt, Light, where Stephanie was talking about following promptings. I had a prompting – or remembered that I had agreed to bring a meal to Lori Pierce who is spending all day every day with her husband in a rehab facility. So I paused the podcast and went and looked for something I could make to take to her. Miraculously I found most of the ingredients to make lasagna. Then I asked Tom to pick up some French bread on the way home.

Then I decided to call Xfinity because my phone isn’t getting internet when I’m someplace that doesn’t have it. I was on the phone with them for a long time and still on with them when Anne was ready to chat. I asked for 5 more minutes, but I think it was more like 10 before Xfinity was able to fix the problem. She had me do a reset on my phone, and suddenly 5 text messages came through all at once. Some were days old.

So Anne and I had a good chat with lots to talk about. She needed to leave to go to the temple with Owen for his first time or we probably would have talked longer. But it was a great visit. I really love our weekly visits! I wish I could do that with all my kids and good friends. That would be fun.

I practiced quite a few times throughout the day for just a few minutes each time, so that I can get the problem areas of each hymn fixed in my mind correctly.

I had a nail appointment at 12:30. I asked Tom if he would take the lasagna to Lori while I got my nails done. He still had tires in his truck from the neighbor’s house that he needs to get rid of, but on the way home from work, he left them at a tire place where were to separate the wheels from the tires. They called soon after he got home saying they were done and he could pick them up.

While he was there, he saw a guy looking closely at the tires in his truck. He was an environmental police officer and said it is illegal to carry that many tires in your truck in California. He asked what Tom was doing. Tom told him he had that many in the truck because he was on his way to dispose of them legally. The guy said, no you’re not, because you are parked here. Tom said he was parked there to get the tires separated from the rims.

For a minute, it looked like the guy might give him a ticket, but then he said that in October, there is an amnesty day for getting rid of old tires for free! What a bonus and blessing! The only problem is that it is a Fresno thing and we live in Madera, so he will have to find a way to work around that. If he can’t do that, it will cost our neighbor $5 to dump each tire. So that was interesting.

He also took the meal to Lori; she was very grateful! But he forgot to leave the visitor’s badge, so after picking me up, he had to go back there to return it.

In the meantime, I got a pretty manicure.

I like having pretty nails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12