Cars Problems 9/17

 


We got up, showered and dressed to get to the gym by 7am but my car wouldn’t start. Tom’s has already been in the shop all week because it wouldn’t start and was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but wasn't. 

So we missed working out, but Tom had a dentist appointment at 9am, so we were worried about how to deal with that. I suggested he postpone his dental appointment right away even though there would be a fee for late cancelation, but what can you do if you have no car!

I went in the house and started working on other things, but Tom stayed in the car. He tried over and over to start it, and about half hour later, it started! So he began to call car rental places to see if he could rent a car or truck for the day and found one that opened at 8am. We left immediately and got a car. Then we went near where we live, and dropped off my car at a repair place, all without ever turning the car off. Unique Auto was just opening the gates, so I gave them my key fob and said, it won’t start; deal with it. (or something like that). Then Tom dropped me off at home and went to his dentist appointment. It was amazing and miraculous that we did all that before his 9am appointment! What a way to start a day! From his appointment he went to work in Tanya's rental.

The only other thing I had today was our Relief Society activity in the evening.  I almost forgot I had signed up to take cookies. I made them at the last minute so they were almost cooled off when it was time to leave.

Tom has pickleball on Thursday evenings and I wasn’t willing to have his pickleball trump my activity, but he gave me a ride so he wouldn't have to miss it,  In the afternoon, he got a call that my car was fixed (hooray) so he came home from Tanya's rental in time to pick it up and return the rental car on the way to my Relief Society activity. 

I worried all day about forgetting something, and went over what I might need in my head over and over, and still forgot the papers I should have taken. We (the sisters on the activities committee) were an hour early so we could set up tables and chairs and get everything ready. We were doing a skit, and one of the things I forgot was the scripts! 

Anyway, we took 10 minutes before it started and I explained the skit to them before the activity started.

The activity was a talent show and it turned out so good! I was thrilled that sisters volunteered to present talents that weren’t you normal talent-show type talents. Baylynne VanWaggonen demonstrated how she is learning to make pies. It’s a family tradition and she is getting really good. She gave out sample pieces of pie crust.

The 2nd talent was Kacey Chase who sang “Only a Housewife” from Working Girl. It was SO GOOD! She is a piano player in our ward and accompanies primary and the choir, so I don’t think anybody knew she can sing like that!

There was a new sister who is receiving the missionary lessons who came to the activity and she volunteered to sing a solo! She got the accompaniment on her phone, and sang a song in Spanish. It was impressive! She fit right in!

Then Ginger Duran did a yoga demonstration of 2 very hard poses. So cool!

Then the last thing was our skit. Even without ever going through it once, it turned out so good! Everyone was laughing and enjoyed it a lot. And we had fun!

After that, Kathryn Leatham gave a little spiritual thought on Spiritual talents that made the whole activity worthwhile. We had refreshments and it was all over by 8pm. I count it as a very successful activity.

Since Tom had my car at pickleball, I had to find a ride home. The only person I could see that lives near me was Ginger, so I got a ride with her. That meant I couldn’t stay to the bitter end and help put away all the tables and chairs. Secretly I was glad I had a good excuse to miss out on that and get home to rest.

I watched a movie, Life or Something Like That until Tom got home.

I’m so grateful that this day was a success and everything worked out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12