Fighting technology 9/24

                                                                     

We got up a little later than usual but hurried to get ready to go to the gym as close to 7 as we could. On the way to the gym, I suggested we should go out for breakfast for my birthday instead. Tom agreed, even though he would have liked to do both. We chose to go to the Green Apple, which is a place only open for breakfast and lunch. They have good food and we haven’t been there for a very long time. It wasn’t crowded yet when we got there, which was sure nice.

Banana nut pancakes

Pulled pork eggs benedict with country potatoes (small red)

We had delicious food, then went home. Tom worked on the neighbor’s yard a little, then worked on Synergy. I did some computer stuff, then started trying to get the printer to work again, I tried over and over, deleting the printer, then reinstalling it. I would get to the next-to-last step and it would say the download failed and to try again later. Or sometimes it would say that there was no driver available for my printer. I was ready to throw it out the window!

I struggled with the printer, then with my computer for about 4 hours. I called Xfinity who helped troubleshoot, then they referred me to Dell. I talked to Dell support for nearly an hour. I’m pretty sure I was talking to AI, but her responses were timely and relevant. It was quite amazing! Even when it was fixed and I said, “Yay” the voice laughed and wished me a good day. Amazing. But it finally was fixed about 1pm.

In the middle of that, Tom asked me help him fix our neighbor’s gate to her back yard. It was only built about 4 years ago but is falling apart. Tom took out the old screws and added new ones. It took 3 of us, but we got the screws in and the gate works. Michelle was very happy.

Then he took another truckload of metal scrap from her back yard to the metal recycling. He hopes to get about $100 for her for it. Then he went to help Tanya with her rental. She is working on the back yard now, so I’m not expected to help at all.

After I got my computer and printer working, I finally was able to study scriptures and do a bunch of stuff that had been waiting since morning, or rather since last night. Then I went on with my normal morning routine. The rest of the day went much smoother.

When Tom got home from Tanya’s rental, he was super tired. I fed him, then he sat down to relax a bit. We started watching a movie and I thought he would fall asleep because he never got a nap, but soon he got up to go water plants before leaving for pickleball. While he was gone, I just rested and watched a movie. When he got home at almost 10, I was mostly asleep on the couch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12