The birthday girl is me 9/25


 I can't believe I'm 82. I thought the millennium would have come by now.

This morning was totally normal – Tom went to work and I did my morning routine. I wanted to got to yoga, but had accidentally made a doctor appointment during yoga time. I set an alarm so I wouldn’t’ get busy and forget to go.

My appointment was with the optometrist. I have noticed double vision lately. Anne suggested that is astigmatism. I got my eyes checked in July 2024, and got glasses for distance vision, but they didn’t’ mention if it covered astigmatism. I had messaged the doctor to ask about that and she suggested I should come in right away. I got glasses for astigmatism in high school, but nobody has mentioned me having it whenever I got my eyes checked in the 60-something years since then. After I called and made an appointment, I pulled out the glasses they prescribed last year and started using them to watch tv. What I really need them for is driving, but I also have to have sunglasses for driving, so I wanted prescription sunglasses.

So when I finally got in to see the optometrist, she checked my eyes and said all is good. I am getting glaucoma, but she said I don’t need to worry about that for several more years.

My vision has changed since last year and I could use a new prescription, but I don’t have vision benefits again until July 2027, so I opted to not get them yet.

When I left there, I decided to go to the thrift store to get some new blouses. That was fun and I found some things I liked. When I was checking out, the cashier asked if I like blue. I had found 3 blouses and a skirt, all blue. At least I’m consistent.

After work, Tom ran an errand for the company, then ran a “personal errand” that he couldn’t tell me about. We had planned to go to Cheesecake Factory for lunch at 2pm, but he changed that for 3pm. We were meeting Tanya and Kaden there.

So anyway, I had time to catch a nap before he came home. Until 2:45pm, my day was completely normal except for all the texts I got from people wishing me a happy birthday. That was super fun.

When we got to Cheesecake Factory, Tanya and Kaden were already there waiting for us. Tom had made a reservation, so there was no waiting. Tanya surprised us by bringing Caeli, too. We haven’t seen her since Kaden's birthday in August, so that was wonderful.

As usual, we had a wonderful meal. I’ve never had food I didn’t like there, and I try to not eat the same things I love every time we go. I got a free slice of pie for my birthday. (Actually, I think I forgot to tell them my pie was supposed to be free!) 

They gave me gifts during dinner. Tanya gave me a gift certificate for Cheesecake Factory, Caeli gave me some earrings, and Tom gave me a Christus necklace and tickets to dinner and a show at Roger Rocka’s for tomorrow night!

We sat there talking for a long time after we finished eating because we had a lot of time to kill before going to the movies. We had tickets to see the Runner at 6:40.

When we left Cheesecake Factory, Kaden went home and Tanya stayed with us. Tanya and I decided to go kill time in the 5 Degrees Below store and Tom decided to take a nap so he went to the car. Tanya and I had so much fun in that store. We found lots of things to spend money on, mostly for fun birthday or Christmas gifts. We had to hurry at the end to get out of the store in time to get to the theater before the movie started.

We were so surprised to find the theater almost empty. Tanya was able to get a seat right next to us. The movie was intense, but pretty good.

We dropped Tanya off at her house, then went home. We watched a dumb movie on tv before going to bed. It was sort of funny and we couldn’t imagine how it was going to end, so we kept watching it to the end. Actually, I kept watching it – Tom fell asleep.

So it was a very nice birthday. Tom always spoils me, but he outdid himself this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12