Sewing 9/28


Happy birthday to my son who has always kept life interesting!!!!

Tom and I woke up around 3am and got up. We were so wide awake! I did a load of laundry and hung it outside in the dark. Then I cleaned the stovetop. It looks much better now. I wrote in my blog and did other computer stuff until I started feeling sleepy again – I think around 5 or 5:30. We both went back to bed. I didn’t sleep much after that, but I think I did doze off a little. Tom slept soundly until about 7:30 am!

Tom still wanted to go to the gym, even though it was so late, so we left about 8am. I remembered why we don’t like to go to Fresno at that time of day. So much traffic!

Tom’s truck wasn’t running well Saturday. He said he barely got home (from wherever) because the transmission wasn’t shifting. This morning he checked the transmission fluid, so before heading to Fresno he bought some and added it. That took so long that he didn’t have time to go to the gym. He told me just as I arrived at the gym, that he would go straight to pickleball instead of the gym.

So I got right back into my car and went back home. Shhh, don’t tell him. He thinks I stayed and got a good workout.

When I got home, I went straight to digging and moving rocks and spent about an hour in the nice cool morning air. It was really nice outside. Then I did all things I always do in the house.

In the afternoon, I made a patchwork hot pad. It helped me remember why I don’t make quilts.

I decided I’m ready to make a new purse, so I began gathering supplies and printed out instructions. But it was too hot in the office to want to stay there and keep sewing so I gave that up for the day.

Tom got home about 6pm. After pickleball he went straight to Tanya’s rental. He said they are very close to being finished! I sure hope so. On my birthday Tanya gave us a generous gift card for Cheesecake Factory to thank us for all our hard work.

I couldn’t get Hulu or Paramount Plus to work and couldn’t figure out why. Tom didn’t have patience to sit and watch me try to fix it, so we watched the end of a movie we started yesterday on Prime and the last half of Follow Him with S. Michael Wilcox. I adore him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12