Sunday of service 9/20

 


I didn’t need to be at church early for anything, so we had a very long morning to get ready. We both got current on social media on our computers, and Tom spent a very long time studying Isaiah in preparation for Sunday School class. All week he falls asleep during podcasts, then on Saturday night feels unprepared, so this morning he decided to study. I listen to all the podcasts and also try to do my own morning study every day, but it’s really hard to be consistent with that.

Then Tom fell asleep watching a podcast he had turned on while I was still on the computer and almost didn’t wake up in time to get ready to go. Funny morning.

Church was good. Our Sacrament meeting speaker was a high councilor and his talk was very good. He is going through a major trial – an unseen trial. I was reminded again that we never know what people are going through and need to not assume everyone’s life is happy and carefree.

The Sunday School teacher didn’t have a mic this week and kept forgetting to teach to more than the first 3 rows, but what we could hear was good and there were good comments.

We had a new teacher in Relief Society, and I could tell from her intro that she was going to run out of time. I think she got through about one fourth of her prepared lesson before it was time to close. But she will be a good teacher and I’m glad she was called to that.

Tom wanted to go visit a couple of men who are in rehab facilities, but we decided to go home and eat and nap before going.

So we went around 5pm. The first one we visited was brother Ursenbach. He is 88. Nobody was there with him. He is very hard of hearing and hard to understand, but he seemed very alert. He had had his gall bladder removed then had complications afterwards. We were there a very short time because we couldn’t communicate with him at all.

Then we went to see Jim Pierce. He is 80. He had fallen and broken his collarbone, then had fallen again. He has to be able to get himself out of bed and to a chair before they will let him go home. I minister to his wife, so I was able to talk to her while Tom talked to Jim. My companion and I need to find ways to help her while she is spending all day, every day there with him.

We watched a couple of episodes of the Chosen, then half of Follow Him before going to bed. It was a nice Sabbath day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12