Monday 9/21

 


We hit the gym at 7am when the exercise classes are not running, so the music was at a slightly lower level and we both had good workouts. I am focusing more on building muscles and later in the day I was already feeling sore muscles.

When we got home I started moving rocks. I’ve worked in the area 2 times already and have cleared almost 3 feet of rocks. We want to move the planter boxes that are on the side of the pool. They are falling apart and have always looked kind of bad. Tom will build planter boxes on the ground so the blueberries can be in the ground instead of above ground. Hopefully they will grow better there.

But there are layers of river rock about four inches deep and it is really hard to dig them out. really hard. I have to use a pry tool and dig around them then pry them up, then move them somewhere else. It’s a very slow process.

So anyway, today was my 3rd day of working on it. I only worked out there 45 minutes before I was in the sun and it was getting too warm, plus I sit on an upside-down bucket and it’s hard to lean over and work in that position for every long.

I did a couple loads of laundry and hung the clothes outside. I love drying clothes outside! It makes me so happy.

After Tom got home from pickleball, he worked on Synergy the rest of the day. I worked on lots of different things. It was a nice day.

Tom called his mechanic and was told the truck was ready to pick up at 8pm, so we drove down there and got it. The fuel pump had gone out. Tom had just loaded the back with old tires when it died, so the mechanic had to remove all the tires, then remove the whole bed of the truck to be able to replace the fuel pump! It was a lot of work, but Tom was still  not happy that they kept his truck more than 2 weeks to do the repair. We sure are glad to have it back.

We watched the very first episode that Alex Trebec hosted on Jeopardy. It was super interesting to see how antique the technology and set design was back then and how very simple the questions were! Then we watched the last half of Follow Him podcast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12