Going to the temple 9/23

We went to the gym at 7am, which felt really, really good. I’m focused on working my muscles harder; I listened to Talking Scripture for the 2nd time while I worked out. When we got home, I ordered some headphones to see if that will make it easier to hear the podcast over the gym’s loud music.

When we were on our way home from the gym, I got a text from our neighbor saying the water in her house was coming in grey. She asked if we had a problem in our house, also. I told her I’d let her know when we got home. When we checked it, ours was coming out grey too. She called the water company and eventually they came out to check it. They flushed out the fire hydrant and told her that sometimes the water at the end of a cul-de-sac gets a little more sediment in it. That’s phony because she has lived here 45 years and the water has never been grey before. But after they flushed it, it all seemed fine. I realized we need more emergency water in case the well gets contaminated!

I moved some rocks while it was still cool outside. I work for less than an hour on that because it’s hard to be in that bent-over position longer than that.

I did a load of laundry, practiced, worked on the computer etc., etc.

Tom decided to skip pickleball this morning so that he could work on Synergy. He worked all morning until time to leave for the temple. I was shocked that he skipped pickleball. Usually he takes his computer and works in-between matches. 

I was Shocked

We texted everyone we could think of to help clean the temple today, but most people didn’t respond or were busy. We ended up with only 4, which included Tom and me. I did 5 jobs; I guess all 4 of us had to do multiple jobs. We are supposed to have 8 people there from our ward, as is the Spanish ward. Typically, the Spanish Ward doesn’t show, so those of our ward who come have to do 16 people’s worth of cleaning.  We remember trying to juggle all that and get everything done when we were the coordinators. 

But it is always wonderful to be in the temple, no matter what we're doing.

When we got home, I rested. I was tired. Tom worked Synergy a few more hours until time to go to the temple. We were scheduled to do sealings. It was wonderful being there again and I love doing sealings. We had a lot of names from Mexico which President Stoker struggled with but did pretty good. I love going every week.

Later I was trying to print something, but it said the printer was offline. I tried lots of things to make it print, but it wouldn't. I finally gave up and left it to deal with tomorrow.

Before bed, we watched Scripture Gems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12