Grizzlies game 9/4

 


I woke up in the night about 3am, went back to sleep, but didn’t sleep well the rest of the night. Tom and I were both asleep when his alarm went off at 5:55am for him to go to work. I stayed in bed a little longer after he left.

I got on my morning routine and enjoyed it very much! It’s nice to be able to update my blog, catch up on emails and facebook, study scriptures, and practice the piano, without any interruptions now and then!

After work, Tom ran a couple of errands and when he got home, had some lunch before we could grab a nap. We had planned to go to a Grizzlies game and Christian agreed to meet us at our house so he could ride with us. it was also Kaden’s birthday today, so Tanya invited us over to have some Panda and chocolate cake before going to the game. We barely woke up from our wonderful nap in time to go to Tanya's.

Today was Kaden's birthday, so they had chocolate cake for him and we sang happy birthday.





Tom decided to follow Tanya to the game, even though he knows the way. When she turned the opposed direction than he would have, we were all interested in knowing what shortcut she knew that we didn’t. She has lived in Fresno way longer than we have, so we trusted her. But she went farther and farther from the ballfield. Finally we caught up to her at a red light, and realized it wasn’t her car we were following. There are too many small white cars that look too much alike, even to Tom.

We were about 4 miles from the ballpark so it didn’t take long to get back to where we belonged. I’m pretty sure there is a life lesson in following a look-alike car away from our real goal.

The parking garage where we always go has a system for parking that uses a QR code. I found the place with the code, but should have done it myself on my phone instead of having Tom do it on his phone. It wouldn’t work for him so I tried to help and kept getting an error message. We went down to the gate where a guy was telling people how to pay for parking before going in, and he got us at the right link to sign in, etc. Tanya texted to see where we were because we were so delayed and decided to come help. But once the guy got Tom’s phone to the right place, it was a matter of entering the requested information, which I did, and got it almost taken care of before Tanya got to us. She did have to help me find where to put our credit card info. It should have been easy, but everything seems harder when you’re old.

Then when she tried to show her tickets on her phone, it was rejecting all of them. She tried over and over, but it always came up as though we had already used those tickets. Finally a guy came who let us through on general admission tickets. If he hadn't done that, we would not have been able to go in at all.

Anyway, it was a very nice evening for a ballgame. It was in the low 80’s when we arrived but we were in the shade, right behind home plate. Perfect seats! We enjoyed being there and sitting together and chatting. Sadly the home team lost 5-8. 

Part of the reason we decided to go was because there were going to be fireworks afterwards again. The last time we went to a grizzlies game was July 4 and I had to take an early uber home because it was way too hot for me and I missed a really good game and really good fireworks. This time it was nice weather but a sad game and the fireworks were pathetic. I think they must have had some technical difficulties. They started out really nice for about a minute, then there was a very long pause. Very long pause. Then there were fireworks, not very close together, and all the same, not impressive, then a little one, and then it was over. It was short and sad. It was so sad that it became funny.

We didn’t get home until after 11pm. Christian left immediately for home and we went straight to bed.

Any day I can spend a nice evening watching a ballgame with my daughter is a good day.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The recital 10/8

Blatant Blessings 2

Tom’s Garden 6/12