Sewing Club 9/29
I woke up about 4 but stayed in bed and tried to hold still. It was so comfortable cuddling with Tom that I did manage to doze off a few times until his alarm went off at 5:55. Mostly I pictured how I want to make my purse and worked out details in my mind.
After
Tom left for work, I did computer stuff then tried to figure out why some of my
apps aren’t working on our tv. I had tried a little last night, but I got serious
about it this morning. I googled what to do, and followed the suggestions. One
of them was to turn it off and on again, which seemed dumb because I turn it on
and off every day. But when I was finally able to find a tech support person on
texting, he said to unplug it and then our call got cut off and they started
texting to get a review of how much I appreciated their help.
But
the good news was that after unplugging it and plugging it back in, all apps
worked again! It is definitely a first-world problem (in other words, not a
very big deal as far as problems go), but it is so nice to have those apps
again so I can watch certain shows again!
I
decided I am ready to make another new purse, so I began cutting it out last night,
and this morning got busy assembling it. I had it all planned out in my head. It
went together pretty quickly; I only had to rip seams out to redo it a few
times. I’m quite happy with it, for the most part. There a some things I would
like to change or fix, so I’ll see if I want to fix it bad enough to take it apart.
I
spent most of the day on that, until it got too warm in the office to keep sewing.
By then all I had to do was hand-sew the snaps.
Tom
went to help Tanya with her rental and I had him drop off some leftovers for
Lori Pierce whose husband is in a car facility on the way. I was so glad we had
leftovers! I think Tom gave some to our widow neighbor, too.
I
was beginning to pack up stuff to take to sewing club when I got a text that
Kelsey Thompson, who hosts the club, fell ill and had to cancel. That was fine
with me even though it is fun to get together with the ones who come.
With
our tv apps working we were able to watch Jeopardy and one other show before
watching Follow Him part 1. It was really good. We even had time to listen to
several conference talks. We’ve been trying to listen to them all every day
leading up to General Conference. We got behind, so we have to listen to quite
a few a day to finish by Saturday.

Comments